July 08, 2010

SEO - Learning & Improving My Website

Recently, I purchased Rock Your Website Traffic! from The Small Business Muse. I've been getting her newsletter for quite some time and it's always been very informative. So, I decided to purchase this workshop and give it a go.

Let me tell you, I have learned a lot from this. I won't give it all away because they are not my tips, nor my research, but maybe a few hints to get you started. Here are some things I have picked up that I didn't know:

  • Try to choose less competitive keywords that still get a good amount of search traffic daily.
  • Add a robots.txt file to your site if you don't have one. This place tells you how to make that file.
  • Fill your website with relevent content, even if it's a shopping cart. Search engine spiders like lots of info!
  • Avoid link "farms", they can decrease your search engine rankings. You can still swap links with reputable sites that your customers or reader will find are related to your service.

This workshop teaches all of this in detail and takes you step by step through the process. There are worksheets and checklists to help you get your site up and running. It's a lot less expensive than hiring an SEO expert to do the job for you. I can try to answer any questions you may have, just post them in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment