July 13, 2010

Take Time To Relax and Unwind


Even though I have my own business, I still work full time. One day, I hope to take The Funk Soap Company to a level where I am able to support myself and my family. Until then, I work my job, my business, and spend time being a mom and wife. This can take a toll on a person. So, I have to make it a point to take time to relax and unwind.

Plan your "me" time if needed - I don't personally schedule a time, but it usually falls around 7-8 pm when it's getting close to time to go to bed. Some of my favorite unwinding techniques:
  • A bath with peppermint and lavender essential oils. I use 10 drops of each. The peppermint helps with my back pain and the lavender is soothing.

  • Reading. Not everyone is a reader, but I find that it takes my mind off of the day's activities as I get lost in the story.

  • Have a movie marathon. These are usually on the weekends and I spend the entire day with my family watching movies, snacking, and lazing about the house.

What are some of the things you like to do to relax and unwind?

No comments:

Post a Comment